- The coronavirus pandemic is not going to stop us.
- Come race with us virtually for the third annual Oconee Paddle Championship as part of the Southern Stoke Race Series.
- The race is open to all paddlers, on any paddle craft, at any location.
- If you have questions, please contact Race Director Steve Combs at 404.455.3822 (text) or email@example.com (email).
- We will have an optional Zoom/Video for the Welcome/National Anthem and for the Awards/Happy Hour.
- Zoom instructions will be emailed to you as part of registration.
- Zoom/Video Welcome and National Anthem
- Saturday 10 October 8am
- Race Start Times
- Saturday 10 October 8am to Sunday 11 October Noon
- Technically, you can paddle any date between registration and the official race time.
- Your Race Results Submission Deadline
- Sunday 11 October Noon
- Zoom Awards Ceremony/Happy Hour
- Sunday 11 October 2pm ET
- You can paddle any location you choose as long as the course is 4 miles.
- If competing for the leaderboard, please paddle on a lake (or out-and-back on a river).
- Please include local conditions when you submit your results.
- Let us know in your registration if you want to paddle at Lake Oconee. We may set a course there.
- Registration is free, however there is a suggested donation of at least $10 for the benefit of Surfrider Foundation Georgia.
- Shirts are optional and will be available for $25 with $10 of every shirt sold going to Surfrider Foundation Georgia. Artwork by Mitch Cherry. Shipping is +$8 but free if you buy two or more shirts.
- If you want to learn more about what Surfrider Foundation does for you, check out our current lawsuit against Sea Island to protect one of Georgia’s best paddle surf locations at Gould’s Inlet.
- Results will not be published until the awards ceremony.
- You can race more than once, but you can only submit one time for consideration.
- Awards will be announced at Sunday 11 October 2pm ET.
- There will be no cash, points, or merchandise awards (just bragging rights).
- We have all been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Businesses are feeling the significant impact of the economic shutdown.
- In response, we are asking you to support out 2019 Sponsors more than ever.
- Participation in this event is voluntary and solely at a participant’s own risk, including risk associated with COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2).
- Individuals should only participate to the extent that they can comply with applicable federal, state, and local rules and restrictions, including physical distancing.