- Register Now (Race has been extended through October 18)
- Participant List – 31 Registered so far!
- Some 4 mile paddle courses!
- Buy a Race Shirt – Art by Mitch Cherry
- Race Results (Sunday 18 October 2pm ET)
- Donate to Surfrider Foundation Georgia [square.site] (Suggested Donation $10 per Racer or Buy a Shirt!)
- OPC 2019 band featuring Giant Radioactive Lobster.
- Buy a shirt now! Art by Mitch Cherry
- $25 +8 shipping (free shipping if you order 2 or more)
- Will be shipped directly to you
- Last day to order is Oct 16
- $10 of every shirt sale goes to Surfrider Foundation Georgia
- The coronavirus pandemic is not going to stop us.
- Come race with us virtually for the third annual Oconee Paddle Championship as part of the Southern Stoke Race Series.
- The race is open to all paddlers, on any paddle craft, at any location.
- If you have questions, please contact the Race Directors Steve Combs at 404.455.3822 (text) or email@example.com (email); or Mitch Cherry.
- National Anthem
- Saturday 10 October 8am
- Race Start Times
- Saturday 10 October 8am to Sunday 18 October Noon
- Technically, you can paddle any date between registration and the official race time.
- Your Race Results Submission Deadline
- Sunday 18 October Noon
- Zoom Awards Ceremony/Happy Hour
- Sunday 18 October 2pm ET
- You can paddle any location you choose as long as the course is 4 miles.
- Check out some 4 mile paddle courses!
- If competing for the leaderboard, please paddle on a lake (or out-and-back on a river).
- Please include local conditions when you submit your results.
- Let us know in your registration if you want to paddle at Lake Oconee. We may set a course there.
- Registration is free, however there is a suggested donation of at least $10 for the benefit of Surfrider Foundation Georgia.
- Shirts are optional and will be available for $25 with $10 of every shirt sold going to Surfrider Foundation Georgia. Artwork by Mitch Cherry. Shipping is +$8 but free if you buy two or more shirts.
- If you want to learn more about what Surfrider Foundation does for you, check out our current lawsuit against Sea Island to protect one of Georgia’s best paddle surf locations at Gould’s Inlet.
- Results will not be published until the awards ceremony.
- You can race more than once, but you can only submit one time for consideration.
- Awards will be announced at Sunday 18 October 2pm ET.
- There will be no cash, points, or merchandise awards (just bragging rights).
- We have all been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Businesses are feeling the significant impact of the economic shutdown.
- In response, we are asking you to support out 2019 Sponsors more than ever.
- Participation in this event is voluntary and solely at a participant’s own risk, including risk associated with COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2).
- Individuals should only participate to the extent that they can comply with applicable federal, state, and local rules and restrictions, including physical distancing.