EventShore Stories Film Night – Savannah
Thursday, 22 February 2018
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Add to calendar iCal
The Ships of the Sea Museum
41 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Savannah GA 31401
Supporting Organizations and Friends
- The Dolphin Project
- Environment Georgia
- Georgia Conservancy
- Ogeechee Riverkeeper
- One Hundred Miles
- Savannah Riverkeeper
- Southern Environmental Law Center
- Sierra Club Georgia Chapter
- Surfrider Foundation Georgia
- Working Films
- Want to add your organization? Contact us
As the Trump administration announced plans to open nearly all U.S. waters to offshore drilling, people across the country are standing up. This plan opens the floodgates to dirty and dangerous offshore drilling, threatening coastal economies that rely on clean and healthy oceans. This radical offshore drilling free-for-all is a clear example of politics over people, ignoring widespread local and state opposition.
Join us for Shore Stories, six short films that highlight the grassroots resistance taking place across the US, as well as stories from past oil and gas exploration – including the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster.
The Stories are told by a broad range of people who love the coast and stand together in opposition to drilling–surfers, fishermen, scientists, environmentalists, business owners, and coastal residents. After the films we’ll discuss the proposal and how you can get involved in resisting these disastrous plans.
Shore Stories Films
- Protect The Atlantic – By Assateague Coastal Trust
- Slow Season – By John Fiege
- After the Spill – (Excerpt) – By Jon Bowermaster
- Sonic Sea – (Excerpt) – By NRDC & Imaginary Forces, with IFAW and Diamond Docs
- Protecting the Atlantic – By Swell Productions for the Surfrider Foundation
- Wave of Opposition Against Offshore Drilling – By Oceana
- Tickets are not required
- Visit the Facebook Event Page to RSVP
- Please visit our Events page for info on the BOEM Public Meeting on Oil and Gas Leases on February 28, 2018 in Atlanta and other showings of Shore Stories in Georgia.
- Join us to stand together to protect the coast, and learn how we can keep up the fight to say NO to offshore drilling!