EventThe Story of Plastic / a Virtual Movie Night
Friday, 29 May 2020
3:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to calendar iCal
Virtual Remote Meeting
We’re hosting a virtual screening of The #StoryOfPlastic and would like you to join! Learn the ugly truth behind the global plastic pollution crisis while flatting the curve. #BreakFreeFromPlastic with us from the comfort of your home. REGISTER NOW for the May 29th event.
- If you registered, you should have received the movie code and Zoom link via email.
- See you at 730pm for the panel discussion; Zoom details are in your event email.
- The Post Event Resource Page is now live at PlasticFreeGeorgia.org
- For technical support, contact us.
About the film
Produced by the Story of Stuff Project, The Story of Plastic takes a sweeping look at the man-made crisis of plastic pollution and the worldwide effect it has on the health of our planet and the people who inhabit it. Spanning three continents, the film illustrates the ongoing catastrophe: fields full of garbage, veritable mountains of trash, rivers and seas clogged with waste, and skies choked with the poisonous emissions from plastic production and processing. The Story of Plastic features interviews with experts and activists on the frontlines of the fight, revealing the disastrous consequences of the flood of plastic smothering ecosystems and poisoning communities around the world, and the global movement that is rising up in response. With engaging original animation, archival industry footage beginning in the 1930s, and first-person accounts of the unfolding emergency, the film distills a complex problem that is increasingly affecting the planet’s and its residents’ well-being.”
- Zelda Tenenbaum (Moderator), Founder of Mountainfilm, Savannah (Bio)
- Donzella James, Senator Georgia District 35 (Bio)
- Pam Longobardi, Distinguished University Professor / Professor of Art – Drawing, Painting, Printmaking for Georgia State University (Bio)
- Hannah Testa, Founder of Hannah for Change (Bio)
- Kim Warner, Senior Scientist for Oceana (Bio)
- Register below
- At Noon on the day of the event,
Twenty-four hours before the eventyou will receive an email with access to the event, including
- A code to stream the Story of Plastic movie for free.
- An access code to the panel discussion event on Zoom.
- This email will come from email@example.com.
- The film will be available to view between Noon
3 pmand 7:30 pm ET; Running time is 1 hour 35 minutes.
- An expert panel discussion will start at 7:30 pm – bring a cocktail!
- Panel event ends at 8:30 pm.
View the Trailer
[responsive_youtube 37PDwW0c1so norel]
Co-Hosts, Sponsors, and Friends
- Mark your Calendar (iCal)
- Invite your friends
- RSVP on the Facebook Event Page
- Event Admin Info (Event Leaders Only)