Come out and join us for the last weekend of Summer! We are headed to Seaside, Florida on Friday, September 18 . The campsite is booked. We can paddle or hike to the beach. You can see a picture of the campsite HERE.
The Surfrider Foundation Atlanta Chapter and Emerald Coast Chapter have teamed up with the Walton County Tourist Development Council and Ocean Conservancy to help make this cleanup happen. Bags, gloves and water will be provided. Participants will each receive a T shirt. We may have a Van shoe giveaway for each site. There will also be a YOLO Stand Up Paddleboard Race on Saturday morning and a Beach Celebration on Saturday night. Below is the general schedule–
- Friday Afternoon–Leave Atlanta at or near end of business day.
- Friday Night–Camping at Grayton Beach
- Saturday Morning–Stand Up Paddle Board Race (and/or surf)
- Saturday Afternoon–Beach Cleanup (and/or surf)
- Saturday Evening–YOLO’s Beach Celebration / Camping
- Sunday Morning–Stand up paddle and/or surf
- Sunday Afternoon–Return to Atlanta.
The events are all optional. All skill levels are welcome. We will have 3 or 4 stand up paddle boards and extra surfboards to use. The only cost will be to chip in on gas and the campsite. (There is a separate registration fee of $35 if you want to enter the Stand Up Paddleboard Race on Saturday morning.) Let us know if you are willing to drive a car.