Visit our FAQ for more info and answers to your questions.
You must register IN ADVANCE below by Thursday, June 16 AND sign up/renew for a Surfrider Foundation membership below.
The minimum membership package is $25 and supports Surfrider Foundation Georgia Chapter's mission to protect oceans, waves, and beaches.
We are doing it again! Celebrate International Surfing Day and participate in our stand up paddle race and annual membership drive at Lake Lanier.
Surfrider Foundation Georgia Chapter is hosting the International Surfing Day Stand Up Paddle UnRace on June 18, 2016 at Sunset Cove Beach, Lake Lanier Islands! There will be an untimed race for a 3-mile course and 1-mile course, along with paddle activities for kids. First place finisher in each board class for each race will get a prize!
- You can still join or renew during the month of June to get your ISD 2016 Member Offers.
- Sunset Cove Beach
- 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway, Buford, GA 30518
Date and Schedule
- Saturday, June 18, 2016
- Check in 8AM. Register in advance below.
- Races start at 815AM (We want to finish early to avoid boat traffic)
- Enjoy the beach all day. (Other Lanier Islands activities are not included.)
- Stay late and enjoy the Sunset Cove Full Moon Party (Note you must purchase a ticket for this event separately. Our event only includes the beach pass ($15 savings). The full moon party has a $20 cover charge as listed on that event page.)
- Energy Watersports (host sponsor)
- Contact us if you would like to support Georgia's oceans, waves and beaches
- BOTE Paddle Boards (for SUP race board silent auction item)
- Lanier Islands (event facilities)
- Pataganoia Atlanta (prizes)
- Event Chair: Fuller Callaway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Race Director: Steve Combs (email@example.com)
- Contact Us
To participate you must sign up or renew IN ADVANCE as a Surfrider Foundation member by purchasing one of our great membership offerings:
- $25 (annual membership only)
- $40 (includes t-shirt)
- $75 (t-shirt and cap)
- $100 (all of the other stuff plus exclusive t-shirt)
- Youth under age 18 are free do not need to buy membership
- The park entrance fee of $15 per car will apply.
- Sunset Beach fee is waived. You will get a beach pass at front gate for Lanier Islands (or ask at the beach entrance).
- Food is available for purchase after the race and throughout the day.
- Additional activities on at Lanier Islands are available to purchase.
- Demo boards will be available for free paddle sessions. If you need to rent or borrow a board, please contact us.
- There are no refunds available for this event. You will still get all the benefits of your annual membership and are supporting the protection and enjoyment of Georgia's oceans, waves, and beaches.
- Complete the following to register and purchase your membership or renewal.
- Please bring your email receipt to the event as proof of registration.
[gravityform id="4" title="false" description="false"]